- Video editing is much more complicated than audio editing. Audio editing for mashups is kind of like a jigsaw puzzle – do these pieces fit? Video editing is like sculpting or making a collage – the pieces already exist, how do you shape it to your vision?
- Now that I’ve seen the N.O. tour dance break many, many times, I’m convinced that it made learning the Fire dance break choreo a lot easier.
- I wanted to feature choreo that included the entire group, not just the primary dancers. Fancams in theory sound really nice, but the sheer magnitude was overwhelming. Also, some fansites don’t want their video edited or re-uploaded.
- It was hard finding a video editing program to work on my computer. I didn’t want to shell out $20 USD/month just for Adobe Premiere. The free video editing options like DaVinci Resolve, Hitfilm Express, or Lightworks all kept crashing on my outdated computer. Humble Bundle had Sony Vegas Pro 14 Edit for $20 USD (Pro 15 Edit is currently $449 CAD) and thankfully that gamble paid off.
- It’s a testament to both songs that I’m not tired of this mashup yet.
- Maryam Saleh, Maurice Louca, Tamer Abu Ghazaleh – Mazzikaw Khof
- GDJYB – Backspace
- Kamishiraishi Mone – Nandemonaiya (MAXONE remix)
- SNSD (Girl’s Generation) – Genie (Tell Me Your Wish)
- Ryuseralover – Red Velvet/Exo: Dumb Dumb/Monster Mashup
- Loona (Odd Eye Circle) – Girl Front
- BTS – Save Me
- BTS – Spring Day
- Jay Som – One More Time, Please
- Daniel Caesar – Best Part (featuring H.E.R.)
- Daniel Caesar – We Find Love/Blessed
- H.E.R. – Changes
- SZA – Broken Clocks
Three musicians who came of age in 1990s Cairo, their disparate paths in music intersect a couple of decades later when they’re drawn to each other’s work, and agree to meet at a seaside cabin in Alexandria, followed by residencies in Amman, Cairo, and Beirut to create and record a new album.
Maryam Saleh, Maurice Louca and Tamer Abu Ghazaleh, names that have turned heads in alternative Arabic music with solo albums and conspicuous collaborations.
The album is produced by Mostakell with the support of the Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC)
This album is amazing and there are translated lyrics in the video descriptions.